Dead Man Set
All Men Must Die
Death comes to all men in Westeros. This premium collection of coins features characters whose deaths we have witnessed. Many were great and terrible men—some were just boys. Spoilers! The packaging contains information on how each character meets their end—not for the faint of heart!
The Iron Coin of the Faceless Man
- This coin denotes association with the organization of the Faceless Men. Worshippers of the Many-Faced God, the Faceless Men are a guild of assassins from the Free City of Braavos who see themselves as servants of death who will bestow the gift of death as an end to suffering. The obverse of the coin depicts a hooded figure with an indistinct face. Depending on the light, he may seem to change in appearance.
Eddard Stark Half-Groat
- Eddard "Ned" Stark was head of House Stark and Warden of the North. This coin was struck for distribution within the North. It features Ned uncrowned, in subservience to the Iron Throne, with the direwolf sigil of House Stark on the reverse. The Half-Groat denomination is worth 2 copper Pennies.
Robb Stark Half-Dragon
- Robb Stark, son of Eddard, rebelled against the Iron Throne after Robert and Eddard's deaths. He proclaimed himself King in the North and fought for independence. He is shown with his direwolf Grey Wind.
Joffrey Baratheon Golden Dragon
- Joffrey Baratheon was king on the Iron Throne after his father, Robert Baratheon. Joffrey's reign incited multiple rebellions throughout Westeros culminating in The War of the Five Kings. He was known for his cruelty and brashness. The coin reverse features the stag and the lion, the sigils of Joffrey's parent houses, and "Oldtown", where the coin was minted.
Oberyn Martell Half-Dragon
- Oberyn Nymeros Martell, the Red Viper, is a skilled fighter, scholar, and diplomat. He is the brother of Doran and Elia. He plotted against the Lannisters for years after the murder of Elia during Robert's Rebellion.
Tywin Lannister Half-Dragon
- Tywin Lannister is head of House Lannister, one of the most powerful lords in Westeros, and father to Jamie, Cersei and Tyrion Lannister. Although ruthless, Tywin is calculating and politically savvy, and House Lannister has become immensely powerful and respected under his leadership. These coins were minted in the Westerlands with Tywin as Warden of the West.
Walder Frey Penny
- Walder Frey is the Lord of the Crossing and head of House Frey. He gained his alias of "The Late" Lord Frey during Robert's Rebellion when his troops arrived to the Battle of the Trident after the rebels had already won. After violating the sacred notion of guest right at the infamous Red Wedding, Walder became one of the most despised men in Westeros, even by his allies.
The coins in this set from the world of George R. R. Martin are struck from solid brass, copper and iron, measure 2.1 to 2.9 cm in diameter, and weigh 2.9 to 11 grams. Coin artwork by Tom Maringer, Woody Maringer, Joe Paonessa, Greg Franck-Weiby, Stan Peterson and Ron Landis.
The set contains coins treated to look as if they have been handled and circulated within their world. This process is done by hand, and it is both an art and a science. Coloring and patinas will vary. No two sets are exactly the same! Coins are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques. A colorful description is included with history and facts about the coin.
Note—Each order comes packed with a handwritten envelope straight from Shire Post Mint. We will make this out to whomever is on the SHIPPING ADDRESS. If you are giving this as a gift and would like a different name on the envelope, please include the recipient's name in the Special Instructions field as you complete your order.