The Lord of the Rings™ Set #2 - Middle-earth Set of Five Coins
MIDDLE-EARTH™ - A Selection of Coins
Five solid metal Middle-earth coins from the realms of Hobbits, Elves and Men.
Rivendell™ Moon • Rivendell
- Made in Imladris™ during the rule of Elrond™, this coin depicts the valley of Rivendell and the two ancient trees of gold and silver. Nickel silver.
Lake-town™ 2-Ducat • Lake-town
- Featuring the Master of Lake-town, this coin was made a few years before the town was destroyed by the dragon Smaug in TA 2941. Nickel silver.
The Shire™ Half-Crown • The Shire
- This golden Half-Crown features a lovely chestnut tree. The text describes the denomination and, "Shire, Abode of the Hobbits." - Minted in Shire Year 1402 (TA 3002), the year that Bilbo settled in Rivendell. Brass.
Iron Mûmak™ • Harad™
- Inscription reads "Palan Harad", meaning Far Harad. Features a battle ready Mûmak, called an Oliphaunt™ by Hobbits. Iron.
Red Hand of Saruman™ • Isengard™
- Used by the minions of The Dark Lord, The Eye of Sauron is surrounded by the words, OBEY MORDOR. On the reverse, ORODRUIN (Mount Doom) surrounds an image of the nefarious mountain. Copper.
The coins in this set from the world of J. R. R. Tolkien are struck from solid copper, brass, iron and nickel silver, measure 2 to 3.1 cm in diameter, and weigh 2.7 to 13.2 grams. Coin artwork by Greg Franck-Weiby, Tom Maringer, Woody Maringer and Dylan Craig.
The set contains coins treated to look as if they have been handled and circulated within their world. This process is done by hand, and it is both an art and a science. Coloring and patinas will vary. No two sets are exactly the same! Coins are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques. A colorful description is included with history, translations, and facts about the coins.
Note—Each order comes packed with a handwritten envelope straight from Shire Post Mint. We will make this out to whomever is on the SHIPPING ADDRESS. If you are giving this as a gift and would like a different name on the envelope, please include the recipient's name in the Special Instructions field as you complete your order.
©2017 “The Hobbit”, “Middle-earth”, “The Shire”, “The Lord of the Rings”, and the characters, events, items and places therein are trademarks of the Saul Zaentz Company dba Middle-earth Enterprises (”SZC”) and are used, under license, by Maringer Studios LLC dba Shire Post Mint. All Rights Reserved.
Amazing coins! They are really beautiful and with a lot of details. I'm very happy now because I have it - 2nd set is as good as 1st (my precious!) ;-D
Only one small minus: the package goes to Poland for about 2 months
Each of these coins not only has its own personality, but is clearly made with care and expertise. I am proud to own this set and very glad I made the purchase. Shire Post Mint is awesome!
Preciosas. Me encantaron. Fue un regalazo increíble. Un 10. Totalmente recomendado
I purchased the Lord of the Rings coin set for my sister's 70th birthday celebration. The Lord of the Rings books were my sister's favorite when she was in school. She was surprised to see the excellent workmanship as she is an artist herself,
Bought these for a huge Tolkien fan and she loved them. While I think the pricing is high they are wonderfully made and beautiful little tokens. Highly recommended grabbing a set during their holiday sales.