Warden - 5x7" Coin Map with 6 Pre-Conquest Coins
Before the Dragons ruled...
Display six coins of Westeros spanning thousands of years of history in one map. This coin map of Westeros holds six coins sandwiched between clear acrylic so you can easily see the front and back of each coin. Choose your favorite coin side to face out among all six!
This coin map measures 5"x7" (12.7x17.8 cm) and comes with the following coins, listed from oldest to newest.
Coin of the First Men
- The first coin in Westeros. This tiny coin was found in one of the less inhabited Stepstones. Maesters presume that the coin was dropped during the First Men’s journey over what was once the land bridge between Essos and Westeros.
- This coin is struck in solid bronze and measures 0.25” (0.6 cm) in diameter.
Kings of Salt and Rock Iron Islands Coin
- An artifact from The Iron Islands. The oldest surviving records at the Citadel reveal that each of the Iron Islands was once a separate kingdom, ruled by not one but two kings: a rock king of the island and a salt king of the sea.
- This coin is struck in solid iron and measures 0.9” (2.3 cm) in diameter.
Artys Arryn Star
- Silver star of Ser Artys Arryn. Prior to his coronation as the first King of Mountain and Vale, Ser Artys Arryn, called the Falcon Knight, was an Andal knight who defeated the First Men of the Vale in the Battle of the Seven Stars. On his shield he bore the moon-and-falcon and a pair of falcon’s wings decorated his silver warhelm, earning him the nickname of the Falcon Knight. The Andals were devout to the Faith of the Seven and spread the religion throughout the Seven Kingdoms.
- This coin is struck in solid nickel silver and measures 0.8” (2 cm) in diameter.
Loreon Lannister Golden Lion Coin
- A hefty golden coin that features Loreon Lannister donning a lion head helmet and the word “Lannister.” This thick coin was minted by the first known Lannister King, Loreon I Lannister. A fierce leader, Loreon defeated the last Hooded King of the Age of Heroes and was nicknamed “Loreon the Lion” and “Loreon the Golden.” This coin would have been made in abundance at the time since the stone of Casterly Rock was rich with gold ore.
- This coin is struck in solid brass and measures 1” (2.5 cm) in diameter.
Winterfell Coin of Theon Stark
- A copper coin of Winterfell. King Theon Stark fiercely defended the north during the Andal invasion when all other kingdoms of Westeros had lost in battle. He was known as the Hungry Wolf from his gaunt appearance and the constant state of war during his reign.
- This coin is struck in solid copper and measures 1” (2.5 cm) in diameter.
Aegon I Targaryen Golden Dragon
- The first Golden Dragon of the Targaryen Dynasty. Aegon together with his sister wives, Visenya and Rhaenys, subdued six of the seven Kingdoms during a two-year campaign, resisted only by Dorne. Their dragons, Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes make up the newly formed three-headed dragon sigil of House Targaryen. This coin was minted shortly after the construction of the Iron Throne from the thousand swords surrendered by Aegon's enemies.
- This coin is struck in solid brass and measures 1.15” (2.9 cm) in diameter.
Coin designs by Maggie Ivy and Ellen Barkin. Coin engraving by Woody Maringer.
The set contains coins treated to look as if they have been handled and circulated within their world. This process is done by hand, and it is both an art and a science. Coloring and patinas will vary. No two sets are exactly the same! Coins are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques. A colorful description is included with history and facts about the coin.